The Christian Service Commission exists as a mechanism for the entire parish community to take action on behalf of justice and participate in the transformation of the world into the Kingdom of God. This goal is carried out through prayer, education, direct service of the poor and vulnerable, and advocating for justice and peace.
The purpose of the Christian Service Commission is to organize and coordinate parish activities and services that promote the works of Social Justice, Outreach, and Hospitality.
Responsibilities of this commission include:
- Educating ourselves and parish members about world needs and ways to respond that are in keeping with Catholic Social Teaching.
- Choosing a focus area as needs and opportunities become apparent such as hunger, homelessness, etc.
- Promoting parish participation in activities that can help alleviate suffering and poverty locally, nationally and internationally.
- Collaborating with other local agencies and churches whenever possible to increase the positive impact we can have on behalf of justice and charity.
These are some of the areas that we promote and support:
- Michigan and Clare County Right to Life
- Migrant Ministry
- Clare County Crop Walk
- REAP (Food pantry)
- Angel Tree
- Days for Girls
- His Helping Hands
- Joshua House
- Mother Theresa Endowment Fund
- People for Guatemala
- Because International (Shoes that grow five sizes)
- Prayer Quilt Ministry
- Isabella County Restoration House
- Funeral Luncheons
- Card/Giftbags to Seniors, Homebound and New Parishioners